Our primary goal is to provide you with a smooth, efficient, and personalised experience while using our services. This allows us to provide services and features that most likely meet your needs, and to customise our service to make your experience easier and quicker. This requires the collection and retention of personal data both from your registration and by way of cookies.
We take appropriate measures to ensure that any personal data is kept secure and retained for the duration of your use of our services.
contains links to and from other websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
If your personal details change you may update them by logging-in to the website or contacting use directly at the email below.
You are entitled to ask for a copy of any personal data that we hold about you and to have any inaccuracies in your personal data corrected.
We will only use your Personal Data to enable us to provide the services relevant to you and to alert you to any product and service changes, updated information or for administration and marketing purposes.
In the event you do not wish us to use Your Personal Data for administration and marketing purposes, please advise us of your desire to be removed from our database.
If you wish to contact us for these purposes, please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is:
Ian Butter, 121 Abbey Road, South Shore, Blackpool, England FY4 2PY Tel: 07860-684604
We may collect and process the following data about you:
· information that you provide by filling in forms on our site
· This includes information provided at the time of registering to use certain elements of our site, subscribing to our services, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by DHC3Otter.com and when you report a problem with our site;
· if you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
· from time to time we may also invite you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you are under no obligation to respond to them;
· details of transactions you may carry out through our site or via other means (eg telephone) and of the fulfillment of your orders;
· you can access the site home page and browse the site without disclosing personal information. We collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns to help us identify things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of our site. We collect this information in a way which does not identify anyone; and
· communication and usage data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access. We do not keep any individually identifiable records of web pages you have visited.
· We moderate submitted comments for compliance with our terms and conditions but do not collect the content of any comments that you have posted.
Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. We use a number of different cookies on our site. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. If you do not know what cookies are, or how to control or delete them, then we recommend you visit for detailed guidance. Cookies enable us:
· to conduct transactions on our site;
· to estimate our audience size and usage pattern;
· to store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests;
· to speed up your searches; and
· to recognise you when you return to our site.
The following cookies are used on and created by this site: (We do not include the details of 3rd party cookies as their naming is out of our control.
The information generated by the cookie about your use of our site will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States. Google will use this information for the purpose of evaluating your use of our site, compiling reports on website activity and providing other services relating to website activity and internet usage. Google may also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on Google's behalf.
Google undertakes not to associate your IP address with any other data held by Google.
Google Inc are also members of the US Safe Harbor Scheme. Companies that sign up to this scheme are deemed to provide adequate protection for personal data which has been transmitted to them from Europe. Google Inc's registration is at .
On many of the pages of the site you will see 'social buttons'. There are buttons for: Twitter, Google +1, Facebook and LinkedIn. Others may be added in due course. In order to implement these buttons, and connect them to the relevant social networks and external sites, there are scripts from domains outside of DHC3Otter.com. You should be aware that these sites are likely to be collecting information about what you are doing all around the internet, including on www.dhc3otter.com So if you click on any of these buttons, these sites will be registering that action and may use that information. In some cases these sites will be registering the fact that you are visiting www.dhc3otter.com , and the specific pages you are on, even if you don't click on the button if you are logged into their services, like Google and Facebook. You should check the respective policies of each of these sites to see how exactly they use your information and to find out how to opt out, or delete, such information.
From time to time we may use external web services (e.g. YouTube) to display content within our web pages. As with the social buttons we cannot prevent these sites, or external domains, from collecting information on your usage of this embedded content. If you are not logged in to these external services then they will not know who you are but are likely to gather anonymous usage information e.g. number of views, plays, loads etc.
In addition, if you place your personal information on publicly available parts of our site, this will be accessible to people in countries outside of the EEA. Such countries may not have data protection laws as comprehensive as those that exist within the EEA.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
We use information held about you in the following ways:
· to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you (where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes);
· to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
· to allow you to participate in any interactive features of our services, if you choose to do so;
· to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer; and
· to notify you about changes to our service.
, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data or contact us email@example.com
We will only disclose your personal information to third parties for the following actions:
· in order to fulfill any order for goods or services;
· to enable us to provide maintenance, engineering or troubleshooting services to you in connection with goods or services supplied to you;
· in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
· if DHC3Otter.com or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets;
· to protect the rights, property, or safety of DHC3Otter.com, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also change your preferences at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Our site contains links to and from the websites of our partner networks, affiliates and other third parties. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
The Data Protection Act gives you the right to access information held about you. You can find out what information we hold about you by making a Subject Access Request under the Data Protection Act. If we hold personal information about you we will give you a description of it, tell you why we are holding it and let you have a copy of it.
If any of the personal information that we hold about you is incorrect or needs updating, or if you want us to delete any personal information, please contact us. We may request that you provide further information and identification to enable us to comply with this request.
This policy was last updated on 25th May 2012.
Ian Butter, 121 Abbey Road, South Shore, Blackpool, England FY4 2PY